Our agents at EasTex Insurance, serving the residents of the Tyler, TX, area, are touting the importance of home insurance, whether you still owe money for your home or not.
Home insurance, also known as homeowners insurance, is a great safety net if a tragic incident occurs. It will protect one of your most significant investments: your home. Home insurance will cover your property and possessions in the event of unexpected events or disasters covered under your specific policy.
Home Insurance Coverage Options in Texas
Most normal home insurance policies will cover the following:
- Dwelling Coverage: This part of your policy covers the structure of your home, including the walls, roof, floors, and even built-in appliances and bookcases, if they are damaged by something like fire, windstorms, vandalism, and more. Dwelling coverage means you can rebuild or repair the home you love if damaged or destroyed.
- Personal Property Coverage: Most home insurance policies also protect your belongings, such as furniture, clothing, electronics, and appliances, if they are damaged, stolen, or destroyed in some incident, as stated above. This coverage extends beyond your home, often covering items lost or damaged even while you are traveling.
- Liability Coverage: This type of coverage is essential, especially if someone falls and is injured at your home or you accidentally damage someone else’s property. This type of coverage can help you cover legal fees and medical expenses.
- Additional Structures: Most of the time, other structures on your property, such as garages, sheds, or fences, are covered under your home insurance policy.
- Loss of Use Coverage: If you and your family have to live at another location while your home is repaired or rebuilt, this coverage will help your living expenses while you are displaced from your house.
Contact EasTex Insurance in Tyler, TX
To get your home insurance policy started, contact our agents at EasTex Insurance, serving the residents of the Tyler, TX, area today!